What does it take to become an MVMA Member? Starting with the Class of 2018 and 2019, all students will be members and the fee is already covered under your bundled Supplies and Memberships charge. Third and fourth year students are encouraged to join or renew at the member rate of $25.00 for the MVMA Student Membership.
What will my dues dollars buy me?
- Attendance at the MVMA Annual Meeting and Conference at no cost (except for meals). Non-member students pay a registration fee of $125.00. First and second year students are required by CVM to attend convention.
- Student mock interviews, resume writing and networking opportunities with practice owners at convention
- Reduced fees for all MVMA continuing education seminars
- Student scholarship applications only accepted by MVMA member students. Apply Now!
- Student welcome back BBQ each year at the college
- Access to the "Members Only" section of the MVMA website
- Student members have opportunity to apply and get selected as MVMA/MVMF paid student representative position
- Student page on the MVMA website filled with links to important activities and events
- Ability to participate in the state fair exhibits (Surgery Suite, Miracle of Birth Center) (NEW) get clinical skill credit for volunteering!
- The bi-monthly electronic MVMA newsletter including industry news, a "Whats New at the U" column, student spotlight features, and classifieds that may help you in your job search
- Volunteer and networking opportunities available at various MVMA and MVMF events and functions
- Four year student membership entitles students to three years of reduced membership dues
Most importantly, you will be a part of organized veterinary medicine from the beginning of your veterinary educational process. The MVMA serves as a watchdog on all issues and topics that impact the veterinary profession and shares this information with its members.
MN State Fair Volunteer Opportunities
Student Member Application
2017 MVMA Annual Meeting
If you are interested in applying for the MVMA/MVMF Student Representative position that begins in August please fill out this form
YOUR STUDENT MVMA/MVMF REPRESENTATIVES David Moe and Chris Deegan (2016 - 2017)
David Moe (email@example.com) is a third year DVM/MPH dual student at the University of Minnesota. David is originally from Sauk Centre, MN and grew up the son of a dairy veterinarian. He attended the University of North Dakota where he received his bachelor's degree in mathematics. He plans to pursue a career somewhere in Minnesota practicing dairy medicine. In his free time, he enjoys hunting, fishing, playing sports, and spending time with family and friends.
Chris Deegan (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a third year student who was born and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota and did his undergraduate studies at the University of Minnesota in Animal Science. His career goals are to become a Veterinary Pathologist and to do diagnostic work for food animals. In his free time he loves to hunt, fish, cook and play cribbage.